This article is about custom player configurations.
Field59 provides a default player, but users can also create customized players in the Field59 Video Manager.
To create a custom player, log in and navigate to the Setup tab, then click on the New button to open the Create Player page.
On the Create Player screen, give your player a meaningful Title and Description. Both fields display under the Setup tab to make your existing players easily identifiable. The Title is also what appears in the drop-down menu of available players on the Video, Smart Playlist, Manual Playlist, and Live Event pages.
Here are the available customization options for your player:
Preferred Format – Select the preferred format for videos played in a given player. The player will play that format for videos, if outputs matching that format are available for your videos.
Width and Height Max – If you don’t want a player to exceed a particular size. Uncommon. Player is responsive and will fit space it is allowed by the page design.
- Time – When selected, duration of the video displays in the control bar. When unselected, the time display is hidden
- Sharing – When selected, video sharing options (email, embed, Twitter, Facebook) are available. When unselected, the share tools are hidden.
- Auto Play – When selected, the first video in a player or playlist will auto play upon page load. When unselected, the video will not auto play upon page load.
- Polite Start – A sub-setting of Auto Play, when selected, the Auto Play video will start on mute.
- Visible Start – A sub-setting of Auto Play, when selected, the Auto Play video will only start when visible in the viewer’s browser window.
- Play Ads – When selected, the video player is able to make ad calls to your ad server.
- Display Title – When selected, the player will overlay the title of the video in the player prior to user-initiated playback. The title will also appear when hovering on an actively playing video.
- Title On Shared – When selected, shared video player embed codes that end users copy from the player, will display the title of the video when it is embedded elsewhere.
- Related at End – When selected, individual videos will display a scroll of related videos, at the conclusion of the single video. Viewers can select and load those related videos. At this time, the videos that display are recent videos with the same category as the single video.
- HTML5 First – When selected, this forces the player to render in HTML5 format.
Playlist Options – These are functions that you can activate or deactivate for playlist players.
- Playlist position – Choose if you want to display thumbnails below or to the right of the player.
- Auto Advance – When selected, videos in a playlist will automatically advance from one video to the next. When unselected, users must initiate additional video plays within a playlist.
- Search Field – When selected, a search bar will display at the top of the player.
Domain Restriction – Populating a domain here restricts the player to load only on the specified domain.
Watermark – Uploading an image here adds a watermark to the player. Images must be .gif, .jpg, or .png with a maximum size of 1MB. The watermark image will display at 10% of the player size and with a 50% opacity. Users can select which corner of the player the watermark will appear.
Make this the default player – When this option is selected, the player will become the default player upon saving, replacing any previously determined default player. The “Default Player” option in the player dropdown on Video, Playlist, Event, and Channel Types will use the player you have selected to be the default player.
When you’ve finished creating and configuring your new custom video player, click the Save button to save the player and make it available for use.