Gathering of Information
Field59 collects personally-identifying information (such as your name, e-mail address, address, telephone number, and credit card information) from Field59.com for a variety of purposes. Field59 may ask you to provide certain personal information when you register for certain features or services included in Field59.com. Field59 also may ask you to provide personal information in other limited circumstances specified at the time the information is gathered. Any information that you submit on or through Field59.com may become public. Like all other Web servers, Field59’s Web server may automatically create log files for each user who accesses Field59.com. These “access logs” allow Field59 to make Field59.com more useful to our users. The access logs may record the identifier provided for your mobile device by your wireless carrier (“carrier identifier”). Otherwise, the access logs do NOT record a user’s name, address, e-mail address, credit card numbers, or any other personally-identifying information. Rather, they contain some or all of the following information:
• The Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) of the device which downloaded, installed or used Field59.com.
• The date of use.
• The time of use.
• The path taken through Field59.com.
• The operating system being used.
• A list of files downloaded or viewed.
• The amount of time spent listening to/viewing media files.
• Any errors encountered.
• The device’s geographic location.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Use of Information
Field59 may use personally-identifying information to:
• manage or administer Field59.com;
• optimize or customize the delivery of advertising or content to you and other users of Field59.com;
• respond to user messages;
• list device location (city, state and/or country) information;
• contact users for an online survey;
• send e-mail newsletters and other communications, including marketing and promotional communications, from Field59, Field59 sponsors, Field59 suppliers, Field59 licensors, and Field59 clients to users;
• other internal Field59 or Field59 client purposes; and/or
• for other purposes specified at the time the information is gathered.
Any information that you disclose when using Field59.com, such as your full name and any nickname, is likely to become public. This information may be posted by Field59 or shared by Field59 with its suppliers, licensors and clients. In addition, Field59, its clients, its licensors, its suppliers and their respective licensees, may use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform, display, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, and/or adapt any information or materials you submit when using Field59.com, and any information contained therein, in any and all media formats or channels, whether now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the Field59 client web sites and services, other third party web sites and services, over the air (on radio or television), and on mobile platforms. Further, other users of Field59.com may embed a widget or feed that allows the information you submit when using Field59.com to appear on their personal, noncommercial web site, blog or other application. In addition, if you disclose information when using Field59.com, Field59 and its clients may print such information, or an excerpt of such information, on Field59’s web sites, Field59’s client web sites, read them on air, or otherwise publish them in any other medium, together with your name and location (city, state and/or country) if you provide that information to us. Excluding information provided by the user, which may become public as discussed above, personally-identifying information collected by Field59 may be given to the following third parties:
• Field59’s clients, suppliers, licensors, advertising partners, and service vendors; and
• other third parties when you specifically consent to such distribution (such as the disclosure of your name to a friend when you email, send via SMS or text message, or otherwise share a story to that friend).
In these circumstances, the information is provided to a third party for the purposes of
• delivering Field59.com and any associated service, advertising, or content to you
• delivering communications from Field59 or Field59 clients, suppliers, licensors, advertising partners or service vendors;
• providing services for and on behalf of Field59; or
• serving other Field59 purposes. Field59 also may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if it believes that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law or with legal process, (b) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of Field59.com, or (c) protect the personal safety or property of users of Field59.com, the public or Field59 and its employees. If you do not want your personally-identifying information to be collected or used for any of these purposes, please do not provide it and do not download, install or use Field59.com.
Field59 has in place what we believe to be appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no Internet, e-mail or mobile transmission is ever fully secure or error free and Field59 cannot guarantee that any information will be or remain safe or secure. Because most e-mail and mobile transmissions are not encrypted, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail, SMS or text message, or other mobile transmission.
If you are under 13 years of age, please do not access Field59.com. Field59.com is not intended for children under 13, and Field59 will not knowingly collect any information from any children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected any personally-identifying information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly remove that information from our database.
Field59 reserves the right to change this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted to this page as soon as reasonably possible, so please check this page periodically. Use of Field59.com constitutes consent to any policy then in effect. Please make sure that you read the Field59.com Terms and Conditions of Use to understand additional terms and conditions which apply to the use of Field59.com.
Links to other Sites and Services
International User Notice
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Field59 or its Field59.com business is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Last Updated: 1/9/15